Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sewing for horses? You never know!




Well I can add sewing a costume for a horse to my list of things I have sewn. One of my little friends that I have taught sewing and crafts to, was in a horse costume show. Her horse was an angel and she was a little devil on her back. I sewed the white robe and attached the wings to the robe. Amber and her horse won 3rd prize! Now I had never sewn for a horse before but I think it came out great! So in honor of horses I made a towel set that has an embossed horse head on them. They really look nice. I showed them at a show lately here in Poway. I knew we were a horse community, but I guess I never realize how big that love of horses was. These towels are embossed instead of embroidered. It is different as the design sews around the towel and makes the towel stick up in places to create the design. And yes it is the same design on the toilet paper. Embroidered or Embossed towels make a great Christmas, Wedding or Birthday gift.


And if you are wondering...the answer to how do you emboss on toilet paper? Very carefully.


No comments: